New Procedures During the Corona Virus Pandemic
Things will be a little different at the Guiseley Osteopathic Centre while we still have cases of Coronavirus in the UK. We want to keep you safe and still be able to do the job of supporting your health needs with Osteopathy.
We will need to talk to you ahead of your appointment to make sure you are well and that you are not in a high-risk group for the Corona virus. We will also be taking your case history for new conditions on the phone or via a video consultation. This hopes to keep the face to face appointments for just examination and treatment purposes.
You will notice that we will be wearing PPE – masks, aprons and gloves but we are still the same underneath it all! The treatment rooms have a new look too.
- The pillowcases and couch covers have been removed – pillows are now wipeable the couch covers have gone so that we can disinfect everything after every patient.
- Everywhere has been decluttered to make the disinfecting of surfaces easier – this will be done after every patient.
When you have an appointment we ask you to observe the following :
- Patients are requested to dress appropriately to allow easy access to the body areas that will be treated to reduce the need to get changed.
- Please arrive at the practice no more than 5 mins before your appointment time.
- On entry you will be instructed to use the hand sanitiser and apply a face mask before moving into the treatment room. There will be a £1 charge for this (cost price) or patients may wear their own.
- Patients are asked to use their own toilet facilities before arriving at the practice. Using our toilet facilities is at the patient’s own risk as they are in a communal area. If the facilities must be used, the patient should notify the osteopath or receptionist so we can disinfect all surfaces.
- Patients should attend alone if possible. You may be accompanied by another person if you are under 16 years of age or require assistance. Other family members or friends will be requested to stay outside or in the car.
- We will use the contactless facility on the card machine where possible and send you receipts by email.
- There will be a minimum of 20 minutes spacing between appointments which allows our team to disinfectant surfaces and air the treatment room and reception between patients.
- Appointment times have been staggered to reduce meeting others in the reception.
- We will try to call you in the morning of your appointment to check that you feel well and are not having any corona virus symptoms.
- We will contact you to rearrange your appointment if your osteopath reports any symptoms or has been told to self-isolate.
Many thanks for your compliance and continued support.
We hope that these changes will not interfere with the good service that you expect from us at the Guiseley Osteopaths but rather enhance your feeling of well-being that we have your health and safety at the core of all we do.
We look forward to welcoming you back into the practice.